Join us Sunday, Feb 12th, at Desnoyer Park, from 1 to 3 PM
We invite Desnoyer Park residents to gather and enjoy the Ice Rink. DPIA will provide hot chocolate, coffee and cookies from 1 to 3 PM. Bring your skates if you have them or just come to watch and socialize with other neighbors. Feel free to stop by any time and say hi. We will also have a fire to keep warm.
The ice rink has been a great addition to the park in the last few years. We are very appreciative of all the work done by Joe Nedoroski and other neighbors who have helped him this year, as well as the boosters who donated money to help.
Date: Tue, Nov 1, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Town And Country Club, Otis Avenue, Saint Paul, MN
All Desnoyer Park Residents are welcome to attend.
- 5 minutes: Introductions
- 15 minutes: Julie, from Union Park District Council, will present a short talk about services they can provide.
- 15 minutes: Drew, also from UPDC, will present the process for cell tower funds use.
- 5 minutes: Treasurers Report, Susan.
- 20 minutes: Discuss our plans for the next year.
The Audubon Room has been reserved at Town and Country Club.
I attended the UPDC Environment an Parks Committee Meeting on Thursday September 22nd. Several points were discussed about Desnoyer Park and I will list some I thought you might be interested in here.
- A new Table Tennis Table will be installed at Desnoyer Park this fall. Drew has been working on this for a long time now, so hopefully we will be seeing it soon.
- Meeker Island overgrowth was addressed and Andy Rodriquez, form Saint Paul Parks and Rec, said he would arrange to have it cut back and Drew agreed to get neighborhood help to haul the cut brush to the trucks.
- Boards will be dropped off in October for the Ice Rink. They will be assembled at a later date.
- An electric hose reel will be made available for use to make it easier to flood the ice rink.
- A pod might be dropped off to store supplies for the ice rink.
- A porta-toilet will be dropped off for use in the park again this winter.
Thank, Gregg Gridley
On October 11th we will have the DPIA meeting at Town and Country Country Club, at 7:00 PM. This meeting will be about electing new members to the board and new officers for the next year. Many of the current members are stepping down so we need some new neighbors who are willing to get involved in our neighborhood.
I know many of you enjoy the Summer Picnic every year and we want to continue this fun event next year. We also organized the Movie night and have gotten various improvements to the park over the years. Other projects have also been initiated by the DPIA and we can always do more if we have neighbors to help. I have personally enjoyed my 3 years serving on the board and getting to know more about Desnoyer Park.
As it stands now we will have only 3 remaining members, so as you can see we have many openings. Let’s keep it going!
Please contact me if you have any questions or are interested in being on the board. dpiaBoard@gmail.com
Thanks, Gregg Gridley