Date: Tue, Nov 1, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Town And Country Club, Otis Avenue, Saint Paul, MN
All Desnoyer Park Residents are welcome to attend.
- 5 minutes: Introductions
- 15 minutes: Julie, from Union Park District Council, will present a short talk about services they can provide.
- 15 minutes: Drew, also from UPDC, will present the process for cell tower funds use.
- 5 minutes: Treasurers Report, Susan.
- 20 minutes: Discuss our plans for the next year.
The Audubon Room has been reserved at Town and Country Club.
I attended the UPDC Environment an Parks Committee Meeting on Thursday September 22nd. Several points were discussed about Desnoyer Park and I will list some I thought you might be interested in here.
- A new Table Tennis Table will be installed at Desnoyer Park this fall. Drew has been working on this for a long time now, so hopefully we will be seeing it soon.
- Meeker Island overgrowth was addressed and Andy Rodriquez, form Saint Paul Parks and Rec, said he would arrange to have it cut back and Drew agreed to get neighborhood help to haul the cut brush to the trucks.
- Boards will be dropped off in October for the Ice Rink. They will be assembled at a later date.
- An electric hose reel will be made available for use to make it easier to flood the ice rink.
- A pod might be dropped off to store supplies for the ice rink.
- A porta-toilet will be dropped off for use in the park again this winter.
Thank, Gregg Gridley
On October 11th we will have the DPIA meeting at Town and Country Country Club, at 7:00 PM. This meeting will be about electing new members to the board and new officers for the next year. Many of the current members are stepping down so we need some new neighbors who are willing to get involved in our neighborhood.
I know many of you enjoy the Summer Picnic every year and we want to continue this fun event next year. We also organized the Movie night and have gotten various improvements to the park over the years. Other projects have also been initiated by the DPIA and we can always do more if we have neighbors to help. I have personally enjoyed my 3 years serving on the board and getting to know more about Desnoyer Park.
As it stands now we will have only 3 remaining members, so as you can see we have many openings. Let’s keep it going!
Please contact me if you have any questions or are interested in being on the board. dpiaBoard@gmail.com
Thanks, Gregg Gridley
Desnoyer Park Neighbors
Stop by the Ox Cart Garden for some refreshments and enjoy the garden view. Meet some neighbors and talk with others who manage the garden. Susan Rasmussen and others from the garden committee, will be your host.
Over the past decade, this triangular lot at St. Anthony and Raymond Avenue in St. Paul went from a city-mowed blandness to a beautiful flower garden with benches and paths, supported by neighborhood volunteers.
More photos: http://www.desnoyerpark.org/gallery/ox-c…
Join us for Movie Night in the Park (Desnoyer), on Saturday, August 13th to watch the Inside Out Movie.
KIDS! Come early, 6:30 PM, and decorate the wood bridge in the park, before the Inside Out Movie starts. The DPIA will supply markers in a variety of colors. Let’s cover the bridge with drawings and leave a work of art.
Arrive as early as you want to get settled and chat with neighbors. (The movie crew will begin to set the screen up at 7:00 PM.) It’s BYOB (Bring Your Own Blanket) or folding chairs and don’t forget insect repellent. The film will be starting at dusk (around 8pm).
Disney Pixar presents an inventive animated film that takes you on a journey from the Inside Out to discover the emotional roller coaster inside your head. You can read more about Inside Out here: http://movies.disney.com/inside-out.
The Inside Out Movie was picked by the neighborhood via poll at our summer picnic/food drive.
Free popcorn and lemonade will be available.
We’re excited – Desnoyer Park’s field is a perfect spot for sprawling out with blankets & snacks to watch a movie under the stars. See ya there!
If you missed out getting a Desnoyer Park T-Shirt at the Summer Picnic they will be available for sale again before the movie starts.
Tuesday night we had over 300 neighbors and their friends enjoying the warm summer evening, It was so much fun seeing the kids enjoying all the activities like the Bouncy Castle, Climbing Wall, Baron of Bubbles, Face Painting, and the Amazing Scott (balloon guy). Blue Door served up some great burgers and Izzy’s Ice cream was a big hit.
Thanks to all the neighbors that pitched in and helped with the picnic. We of the DPIA really appreciated it.