When: Saturday August 29th, 2020 from 6pm-8pm
Where: Desnoyer Park Field
What to bring: a beverage, something to sit on, lucky pen/marker for BINGO, a mask, hand sanitizer, bug spray, knowledge of the safety rules below.
Food reservations have ended, but you are welcome to still join us with your own food and beverage for bingo!
In light of COVID-19, the Desnoyer Park Improvement Association (DPIA) has decided to cancel the 2020 annual Desnoyer Park picnic this summer. Instead, DPIA has put together a socially-distanced BINGO night at the park with prizes and individually-wrapped food in late summer. The event is subject to local COVID-19 trends and weather (see cancellation info below).
Who: Any adults and kids that can obey social distancing requirements, wear a mask except while eating, and abide by the safety requirements below.
Food/Beverages: Individually wrapped burritos from El Norteño Restaurant will be available for contactless pickup at the event for those who RSVP’d on the food form. Napkins will be provided. There will be no flatware available. Individually wrapped cookies will be provided from Seward Co-Op. Neighbors must bring their own beverages. You are welcome to bring your own picnic food if you did not order burritos.
Bingo: We will have many rounds of BINGO with gift certificate prizes we have purchased from, and to support, our local businesses. You need to bring your own marker/pen to mark your BINGO card. DPIA will provide the cards.
Event Cancellation: Any event cancellation will be posted here on the Desnoyer Park website, on the Facebook page, and sent out to the Desnoyer Park newsletter group via email no later than 10am on the day of the event. The event is subject to cancellation based on weather or local COVID-19 trends.
Social Distancing/COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Neighbors attending must attest to not have any symptoms of COVID-19 including: cough, fever, sore throat, muscle aches/headache, change in taste sensation, new fatigue. Neighbors must not have had contact with anyone who has been sick with symptoms above, nor contact with anyone with known or suspected COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Cloth or paper masks are required for everyone, including children of all ages to be worn over mouth and nose at all times except when you are in your marked family circles on the field. If you do not have a mask, and DPIA has run out of their limited supply, you will be asked to leave and return once you have a mask. Expect to be asked by a board member or neighbor to put your mask back on if you are wandering without it.
- Hand sanitizer is required. Please bring your own bottle for your family. Anyone approaching the front tables for prizes must have their mask fully in place and use hand sanitizer prior.
- Children will be required to remain socially distanced and supervised by a parent at all times. The park equipment will be closed.
- 8-10 ft. spacing rings will be marked w/ grass-safe paint on the grassy outfield sitting area. Family units/individuals should pick a circle upon arrival and not mix rings during the event. Neighbors are encouraged to bring a blanket or chairs to sit on in their circle as no tables/chairs will be provided.