Annual DPIA Fall Neighborhood Meeting – Wed. 10/23/19 – 7pm
Join us for the annual fall DPIA neighborhood-wide meeting will be held on Wednesday 10/23/19 at 7-8:30 pm in the St. Andrew’s Room at the Town & Country Club. We encourage anyone interested in being a part of the neighborhood voice in 2020 to come to this open meeting.
At this meeting, we will discuss the initial steps and vision for assembling a master plan for Desnoyer Park for the next 5-10 years. A working group of neighbors and board members, in collaboration with the city and organizations, will be assembled this fall/winter to design a cohesive plan for what we hope the future Desnoyer Park will look like. This will include traffic speed & volume through the neighborhood, safety, green space planning including the park, Pelham bike lane safety, and neighborhood watershed/pollinator/sustainability planning. If you are interested in joining this planning group but are unable to attend the 10/23 meeting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fall board meeting will also include the annual election of DPIA board members. If you are interested in being part of the board, please come to the meeting and email email@example.com ahead of time with your contact information. You must live, work, or own property in Desnoyer Park to run for a board position. We are looking for additional members and ideas from people who have lived in the neighborhood their entire lives, and people who just moved here. The board meets quarterly at a 7pm on a weeknight with occasional additional meetings focused on timely topics. We organize the summer picnic, funding for things like the ice rink and other neighborhood events, field current neighborhood concerns and hope to provide a long-term vision for the neighborhood’s future.
- Welcome to new neighbors
- Assembly of a Desnoyer Park master plan working group – initial steps and establishment of a working group to address the future of our neighborhood including topics such as: traffic volume/speed, green spaces & the park, bike lane safety, watershed/pollinator/sustainability plan, and other topics.
- Financial review
- Union Park District Council Update
- 2020 Events
- Annual board election – Neighbors interested in a board position should send their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must live, work, or own property in Desnoyer Park to run for a seat on the board.
- Get T-shirts and Hats for sale HERE
Current DPIA Board:
- Chair – David Tierney
- Vice Chair – Jessica Erickson
- Secretary – Kris Nagy
- Treasurer – Susan Rasmussen
- Member/Past Chair/UPDC Rep – Gregg Gridley
- Member – Linda Van Egeren